Monday, May 10, 2010

New Kitchen Fun


I have absolutely no excuse, now, for not being able to make pastry dough, pie crust or pizza dough or anything that involves a real mixer.  After attempting to make a variety of baked goods as well as doughs, meringues and whipped cream with a whisk, fork, egg beater or portable mixer,  David gave me this beautiful Kitchen Aid for my birthday!  Now, I have no reason not to be successful with all of my attempts!  I got right to work on making a flatbread dough, which came out perfectly!
With the dough hook, all of the ingredients formed together into a ball so easily.  The hook continued to knead the dough into the perfect texture.
  
The dough was very easy to flatten with the rolling pin. 


The first attempt was a rosemary and onion schiacciata, a flatbread with onions, olives,rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and olive oil.  



The second flatbread was a tomato, onion, pesto and goat cheese combination.

I think that I am going to enjoy my new Kitchen Aid very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment