Sunday, July 18, 2010

Homemade Pasta

After mixing the pasta dough in the Kitchen Aid and letting it rest for at least one hour, the small pieces of dough were fed through the pasta maker to the thickness of number 4.




The dough pieces rested on the baking sheet with sprinkled polenta, awaiting the cutting of the ravioli.



The cooked ravioli



The finished ravioli
Ravioli stuffed with tallegio, ricotta salata and parmesan cheeses and parsley, topped with a mushroom sauce.


With the remaining pasta and cheeses, the next night allowed for the creation of a lasagna, that tasted completely different than the ravioli with the addition of a few other items.  It was equally as delicious.

 
Ready to bake



The finished lasagna!

1 comment:

  1. I tried cooking homemade pasta for my friends when I got here from my Argentina trip. I had learnt so much there about pasta in my buenos aires apartment we had rented, that I felt ready to make them myself. I am proud becuase everybodu praised my food!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete